Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bergen Day 2

Well apparently I am not yet over the jet-lag because I woke up at 2am wide awake.  Also I seem to be coming down with a cold.  In a vain attempt to outwit the virus, I went shopping this morning to try to find some chicken soup and some honey for my tea.  If you've never been shopping in a foreign language, you should try it sometime.  Below is a picture I took of the items I purchased.  I did ok, the "lys syrup" was actually honey, but the "blomkalsuppe" which I had hoped was some sort of chicken-based soup, turned out to be cauliflower soup.  Ah well.  At least the "appelsin" juice had pictures of oranges on it.  2 out of 3 isn't bad. And the "havsalt" is actually sea salt, which was a lucky guess b/c it had salt in the name.

Grocery guesses

There is one mystery I have yet to solve, and that is the meaning of these green signs which seem to be over most but not all doors. My guess is that it's preparation for the zombie apocalypse. 

In case of apocalypse, go this way to avoid zombies

Here is the key to my room that I'm afraid I'll forget to take with me some time when I go to the kitchen & also the button you have to push to exit the building every time that I definitely keep forgetting.

key
magic button to open door (right)












Well the sun popped out for a few minutes today, so I snapped a few pictures outside my apartment building.  Enjoy! 

Across the street from my building

Also across the street from my building

 
Zoomed in on a church(?)
 
The view to my left

 Down the hill that I walk down each morning to catch the bus (my building is off to the right of the picture)

zoomed in version of previous picture


Norwegians like to build their houses on the slopes of the 7 mountains that surround the city

I wonder who lives here...

Ok, well maybe the sun wasn't quite out all the way, but at least the fog had cleared a bit. :)  Apparently after taking pictures of everything AROUND my building, I neglected to take a picture of my actual building. D'oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment